Monday, December 28, 2009

Special Forces Throwdown: An MKI Farewel Game



Yesterday, I played my own MKI farewell game in which I took 1000 points of Cygnar's Storm Division up against 1000 points of Khador's Iron Rain. This is a game that "Seattle" James and I had been talking about doing for nearly a year, but never got around to playing until yesterday. I should also note that this game parallels the very first battle report I had ever posted on YouTube, as it too was a 1000 point game.

This was also the first battle report in which I use Lt. Allister Caine, who was the first Privateer Press model I had ever purchased and painted. And I pretty much played him in the same way that I did back in 2006, which was to snipe him for six inches on the first turn and then start blasting stuff. Whenever I use Allister Caine (epic or non-epic) I make a point to use doves to represent his focus, because he brings the John Woo action to the table top. And, in this particular battle report that action was delivered.

I don't know when I'm going to get this posted, because I have a Hordes batrep in the queue as well as an end of the year vBlog.

Oh, and on an unrelated note SteamPoweredTV now has 350 subscribers, which is enough for an game of MKI Warmachine. I'm hoping that by the end of 2010 we'll have a "tournament level" subscriber count and by that I mean 500 - 750 unique subscribers.

No comments:

Post a Comment