Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Army Points: 100
|Captain Jeremiah Kraye||-6|
|Captain E. Dominic Darius||-5|
This list is based on 'jacks that I own, and I have only a few left over after making this list. That is INSANE! Tom tried to do the same thing and ran out of 'jacks before reaching the 100 point goal.
Compare this to one of my old 1000pt Mangled Metal lists:
Points: 976 (49 points in MKII)
Model Count: 10
Victory Points: 30
Captain Jeremiah Kraye
Major Victoria Haley
That's eight 'jacks in the MKI list and 14 in the MKII list. That's going to be a lot of fun with the right warcasters. Too bad most people I've met don't have enough 'jacks to make it happen.
Friday, October 23, 2009
IcV2 has a story on this, and you can read more about it here: Warmachine Second Edition.
Monday, October 12, 2009
It takes a valiant commander to lead his army into the enemy position.
The first player to deploy may choose the point of one table corner as his Command Position. The Second player’s Command Position is the point of the table corner diagonal from his opponent’s Command Position.
Determine deployment zones and turn order with a starting game roll. A player’s deployment zone extends 18” from his Command Position.
A player wins if he starts his turn with a friendly warcaster/warlock completely within 10” of his opponent’s Command Position or when the last opposing warlock/warcaster is destroyed or removed from play.
Get Your Solo or Unit into the enemy deployment zone and receive one (1) additional league point.
NOTE: Use a penny to represent the command position.
The background music in the original upload was too loud. When I edited the first video I dropped the volume on the musical track down by 50%, but when iMovie compiled the video it went and made the music louder. There were also a lot of audio glitches, and a part where the screen went black that I had to fix. So, this is take two:
Again, now that the audio portion has been fixed. I could use some feedback on this video.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
[note: I deleted the original video, and replaced it with a newly re-edited video. The music in the first one was way too loud]
Friday, October 9, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Today, I just wanted to let you all know that SteamPoweredTV is now a part of the Iron Agenda Blog Network (IABN). If you are fans of Warmachine/Hordes and you want to see what's going on with other fans then I'd recommend checking out the following link:
I'll be sure to post more about this in the future, and I'll even do a vblog on the subject when I find the time.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Opposing forces encounter each other while in route to an emergency.
Determine deployment zones and turn order with a starting roll. Use standard deployment zones.
A player wins the scenario if they have the only Warcaster/Warlock in play by the end of the third round. After the beginning of the fourth round normal victory is achieved when a player has the only Warcaster/Warlock currently in play.
A player who wins using only warjacks/warbeasts will achieve one (1) additional league point.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
I'm going to be running a league at Paladin's Game Castle here in Bakersfield, Ca. And, I thought I'd blog about it. So, I'll be posting the weekly scenario and standings for this league as well as any videos that games played in this league might produce. And I'm going to start with the League rules which will be posted below:
MASTERS OF METAL LEAGUE II
* 350 points of Mangled Metal or Tooth N’ Claw with the option of one (1) solo.
o MKII Option: 15pt Duel with option of one (1) solo.
* Or 500 points of Mangled Metal or Tooth N’ Claw with the option of two (2) solos, AND one (1) unit.
o MKII Option: 35pt Skirmish with limit of one (1) unit, and two (2) solos.
Note: Warcaster Attachments count as Solos.
* One (1) point to play 350 (or 15pt duel)
* Two (2) points to play at 500 (or 35pt skirmish)
* Three (3) additional points for a win at 350 (or 15pt Duel)
* Four (4) additional point for a win at 500 (or 35pt Skirmish)
* One (1) additional point for winning by scenario.
* One (1) additional point for winning and achieving a master challenge.
* Can’t play the same opponent twice in a row.
* Limit of five (5) games per week, per player.
* One Scenario Per Week – distributed by e-mail, and posted on the bulletin board at Paladin’s Game Castle, and at SteamPoweredtv.Blogspot.com.
* Tuesday night is “League Night,” but if you can squeeze in a game at any other time while at Paladin’s Game Castle then it will count.
* Events, such as Arena, will award bonuses to league participants.
* Games will be recorded on scorecards, and turned into a record box. League standings will be posted once a week via e-mail, and on the bulletin board.
* Players are not restricted to one faction, contract, or special force – a player’s army list must be legal.
o Ex: Tuesday, I Play Cygnar. Friday, I play Circle Orboros. And, Saturday I play Mercs.
* SPORTSMANSHIP: Remember, we are all here to have fun!