Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Battle Report: Epic Caine vs. Kreoss 35pts


Part One



Part Two



So, my FLGS recently acquired one of the Games Workshop LOTR display boards, and I just had to get a game in on it. So, I brought my Storm Research Station and grabbed a few birch trees and we played a game on a more cinematic battle field. The idea was that both sides were to be fully painted, but I couldn't get the Black 13th Gun Mages painted in time for the game. But they were painted enough to make it into my list.


During this game two situations came up that Tom and I dread when we play each other. The first is what we like to call "Epic Fail" and that's when the both of us are getting really crappy dice rolls. The second situation is what I like to call "ass dragging game" and that's when the game just seems to go one forever. And, the "ass drag" seemed to begin after the second round when there was always "something" in the way of potential assassination attempt. So, Kreoss was unable to "pop-n-drop" me, my assassination run was more of a "let's get this over with" than the full on assault I tend to prefer with Epic Caine.

All and all, this was a really fun game and it was a nice treat to be able to play a game such as this on something so beautifully made. This is also the last game of Warmachine or Hordes that I'll be able to play for at least a month as I am starting a new job after being virtually unemployed for a good year and a half. But once I get settled into my new career I may get some kind of update going to at least this blog on a biweekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment