Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pavement Base from Magic Putty

So, recently I decided to make a 40mm pavement base with some Billy Mays' Magic Putty that I had just laying around.




I mixed the stuff up, spread it over a base and then used a sculpting blade make the bricks. The putty is extremely messy and was thickly caked onto my hands. After after finishing this step I watched an episode of Eureka while the stuff cured up.




At this point I put on a base coat of cheap acrylic craft paint while I continued to watch Eureka.





Later, I mixed up a wash out of VMC Smoke and tossed it over the whole thing. It's the same thing I do to my normal bases so it looked strangely familiar.




At this point I dry-brushed it with a shade of grey I normally reserve for terrain projects. In hindsight I should have used terra-cotta for a more natural look.




This base is for the Bosun whose current base has a crack in it, and he stands wobbly. I tried this sort of thing four years with Siege, but it went horribly wrong.

This entry would be a project journal video for the YouTube channel, but I was already well into the project when the idea came to mind.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


BTW: I got the inspiration to do this after watching GutsNGears video on making pavement bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment