And, here is the final group shot of my completed Death Marshals box after I sprayed some clear coat on them for protection from minor scraps and bumps. I can't wait to put them down on the table top and get some games in.
So, "Project Half-done" is underway. And first on the agenda is my Death Marshall box from Malifaux:
I decided to work on them today, and finish what I started two years ago:
They are now two steps away from being "fully painted" and all I'll have left from the box is The Judge who I have to repair before I can finish. He actually broke off from his base a couple months ago.
So, I was able to completely finish and paint the models I had been working on the past couple of weeks. I spayed them with High Gloss varnish to protect them, and Testor's Dullcote to bust down the shine. So, the following models made their FULLY PAINTED tabletop debut at the Central Coast Championship Steamroller in Lompoc, Ca.:
My original plan was to liveblog my tournament results at the conclusion of each round, but unfortunately I was having power-drain issues with my phone. This meant that I had to be really conservative with it's use considering the fact that I was 153 miles from home. On the plus side I did document a lot of the tournament, so a pretty awesome video is on the way when I get around to editing it.
As for the tournament itself, I did a hell of a lot better than what I expected when I going into it. I went 3-2 in the tournament overall, I won best painted, and some how manage to earn "most victory points." What's cool about winning best painted at this event is that the models were being judged by a professional painter.
So, I just about finished Nualla the Huntress (who is cloaked in shadow for this photo) and I basecoated "Bob" the Whitemane. So, these are two models I'll be able to roll with on Saturday.
Bob actually has a story behind him. He once went through an entire unit of Dawnguard Invictors +UA and put a few points of damage on Dawnlord Vyross during the same activation. One of those moments I wish was captured by the SteamPoweredTV camera.
So, I finished the Druid Wilder, and from there I moved on to these three solos and a UA. I'm hoping to finish The Huntress by Friday. Wednesday should be a day where I can get some serious painting done.
So, I set one goal for myself during tonight's "Paint/Assembly Night," and that was to basecoat three of my Mercenary solos. The original plan was to paint Drake MacBain, but I have to save him for another day.
Already primmed white the first thing I did was blackline the models with some wash I mixed up and keep in an spare pot for just this very purpose. After this I tried out the new Citadel "Praxeti White" to dry-brush white back onto the models. This "dry-brushing paint" is pretty cool. I'd say more about it, but I want to use it more before I give my full opinion on it. And, that could get video treatment.
After I snapped this photo, I decided to have a little fun and add this word bubble using the "fun bubble" app for my iphone. I then uploaded this picture to Facebook, and tagged a friend in it. Being a Legion player I know he doesn't want to see her on the other end o the table.
The first thing I did after bringing out the detail was paint the skin tones. It's something I always do first when painting people. Lanyssa got P3 Frostbite as her skintone since she is a Nyss (Ice Elf).
The base-coating was coming along, and I was in the zone. But, then I hit a wall, and at about this point I decided it was time to take a break and stepped away from the table.
After my break from the table I got right back into the zone and didn't get back up until I completed my goal for the night, and here they are:
Stoked that I made it to this point I started to wonder about when I'd have another opportunity to paint. And, I speculated that maybe my figures could be saying the same thing:
Hopefully I can get back to these in a timely manner, or at least finish up some of the other half-done projects I have going on around here.